The character of Hugo Vega was a symbol of power within our film playing the character of a drug lord. I feel that this can be generally be classified in the social group of the professional criminal.
Another character is Delta. I feel that the social group of hackers is something that is growing within crime and in this respect I thought it was necessary to have this represented in our media product.
Edward Snowden is someone who brought the idea of a hacker to light and because of this we wanted to mirror him to some extent with the character of Delta. Also, the name Delta sounds like a stereotypical name for someone related to mathematics and science which could appeal to the viewers who have a more basic understanding of the topic.
The only other character easily attached to a social group of the character of Ricky Sideman.
I feel that the character of Ricky is somebody who may be considered a chav. Additionally, the way in that he appears to be regretful and out of his depth in the level of the organized criminals was intended to show that these kind of people in society may not be aware of the depth to their crimes and may become regretful in future.
Finally, the fact that Mr Phelps does not seem to be attached to a social group represents the mystery surrounding his character. It makes him less relatable and therefore harder for the viewer to assess.


No comments:
Post a Comment