Wednesday, 14 January 2015

Certificate Research

Initially I thought that our film would have been an 18 due to the theme of drugs within it and the crime genre. However having done further research on the BBFC official website I have found that the following was acceptable for a 15:

Because of this a have decided that a 15 age certificate would be appropriate for our film. A lot of films within our genre are rated as an 18, for example pulp fiction, because they often promote drug use or show gory violence. Although, I don't feel that our clip reaches into 'strong violence or gore' and therefore it is only a 15.

The Oceans trilogy is rated a twelve because there isn't any drug references.


An example of a crime film that is a 15 is The Godfather. The BBFC website cites that fact that this film has strong violence as the reason why it is rated 15. I feel that because someone gets shot in our clip, this would count as strong violence in a similar way to The Godfather. 

Separate from The Godfather, the theme of drugs within our clip is also a factor that would contribute to the 15 age rating. 


No comments:

Post a Comment